Win a free entry to RaceTeam!
Sign up for more information about the RaceTeam programme and you will go in the draw to win a free registration.
BEST GROUP TRAINING FOR HALF MARATHONS!
RaceTeam is a 10 week group training programme that will get you to the finish line in a half marathon.
To achieve this, we provide an awesome, fun and supportive environment with top coaches and a programme that is tried and proven, it really is a fantastic experience to be part of both physically and mentally.
The next RaceTeam is training for the 2015 Wanaka Half Marathon.
RaceTeam Start Date: 18 January 2015 (Introduction Seminar)
Wanaka Half Marathon: Saturday 28 March 2015.
Note: RaceTeam does not include your race entry. To find out the details about the race, please visit the race website.
RaceTeam is a 10 week running programme with three levels: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced, you will be given all 3 levels and you choose which programme you want to do over the 10 weeks you will be training with us.
There are 3 group training sessions each week.
1 x Track session
1 x Up-tempo session
1 x Endurance session
- When you register you choose to train in the mornings or evenings during weekdays, the session options are:
Monday 6.20am: North Hagley Park and
Wednesday 6.20am: South Hagley Park
Tuesday 5.40pm: South Hagley Park and
Thursday 5.40pm: North Hagley Park
Plus the whole group is together on Saturday mornings at 7.30am.
- The weekday sessions are 60 mins in duration.
The Saturday morning run begins at 7:30am* and are held at different locations around the city. The weekly email we send you will outline the meeting location and route of that week's session.
*Note: During the programme there are a couple of Saturday sessions that start at 7.00am - these are your longest runs in the programme so we start you a little earlier.
- In total you will have 30 group sessions. The programme requires that you do some sessions by yourself each week, these will depend on your level. We have made sure these are the lighter sessions.
- The group runs are designed so everyone knows what is required before they start. The coaches will be present at each session to offer support, technique advice and motivation.
- The sessions are run by some of Christchurch's top athletes/coaches, check out our coaching team here.
- Each week you will receive a weekly newsletter that will provide you with tips, education, maps of that week's runs, session details and inspiration.
- We have an Introduction Seminar before we start that gives an overview of the RaceTeam Programme, key information you need and also gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about RaceTeam. You will also meet the RaceTeam crew who you will be training with throughout the following 10 weeks.
- We also have a Race Day Planning and Race Day Nutrition Seminar in approximately week 4 (date and time to be confirmed).
- You may find that the most support you get is from your RaceTeam crew themselves. You all have a common goal you are working towards and will share the same experiences week to week. You will build friendships over the coming weeks.
RACETEAM REGISTRATION FEE
RaceTeam Wanaka starts 18 January 2015
(up to including Wednesday 7 January 2015)
(from Thursday 8 January 2015)
One off Payment
10 x Weekly Payments
Note: If you do not wish to pay by credit card you can pay by direct credit payments. Please email us for the details.
Once you have paid for RaceTeam you will be taken to a page with an online form to complete, this form will add you to our group email list that we use to communicate with you in the lead up to and during the programme.
If you don't get taken to that page we will email you within 24 hours of joining and send you all the information you need to know. If you have any questions about this process, please get in touch.