Win a free entry to RaceTeam!
Sign up for more information about the RaceTeam programme and you will go in the draw to win a free registration.
BEST GROUP TRAINING FOR HALF MARATHONS!
RaceTeam is a 10 week group training programme that will get you to the finish line in a half marathon.
To achieve this, we provide an awesome, fun and supportive environment with top coaches and a programme that is tried and proven, it really is a fantastic experience to be part of both physically and mentally.
The next RaceTeam is training for RaceTeam Epic.
RaceTeam Epic is our winter 10 week hill based running programme, it is morning's only and is based around building leg strength.
RaceTeam Epic Start Date: 28 June (Introduction Seminar)
Extra Mile Runners Epic Half Marathon: Saturday 5 September
There are 3 group training sessions each week.
1 x Track session
1 x Hill Repeat session
1 x Endurance session
• Monday 6.20am: South Hagley Park
• Wednesday 6.00am: Hill repeats at Hackthorne Road
• Saturday 7.30am: locations changes weekly
The weekday sessions are 60 mins in duration.
The Saturday morning run begins at 7:30am* and are held at different locations around the city. The weekly email we send you will outline the meeting location and route of that week's session.
*Note: During the programme there are a couple of Saturday sessions that start at 7.00am - these are your longest runs in the programme so we start you a little earlier.
- In total you will have 30 group sessions. The programme requires that you do some sessions by yourself each week, these will depend on your level. We have made sure these are the lighter sessions.
- The group runs are designed so everyone knows what is required before they start. The coaches will be present at each session to offer support, technique advice and motivation.
- The sessions are run by some of Christchurch's top athletes/coaches, check out our coaching team here.
- Each week you will receive a weekly newsletter that will provide you with tips, education, maps of that week's runs, session details and inspiration.
- We have an Introduction Seminar before we start that gives an overview of the RaceTeam Programme, key information you need and also gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about RaceTeam. You will also meet the RaceTeam crew who you will be training with throughout the following 10 weeks.
- We also have a Race Day Planning and Race Day Nutrition Seminar in approximately week 4 (date and time to be confirmed).
- You may find that the most support you get is from your RaceTeam crew themselves. You all have a common goal you are working towards and will share the same experiences week to week. You will build friendships over the coming weeks.
RaceTeam Epic starts 28 June 2015
Registrations will be open from
01 May 2015
(up to including Wednesday 17 June 2015)
(from Thursday 18 June 2015)
The payment options above are for credit card payments via Paypal. If you do not wish to pay by credit card you can pay by direct credit payments. Please email us for the details.
Once you have paid for RaceTeam you will be taken to a page with an online form to complete, this form will add you to our group email list that we use to communicate with you in the lead up to and during the programme.
If you don't get taken to that page we will email you within 24 hours of joining and send you all the information you need to know. If you have any questions about this process, please get in touch.